Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-65X9005B , HDR update ?

Sony KD-65X9005B , HDR update ?

I own a Sony KD-65X9005B was debating wether to purchase the PS4 Pro but I read/heard that unless your TV is HDR compatible it isn't worth it ? I also heard that the new update I recently downloaded had something to do with HDR ? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @RamboisRex,

sorry but 2014 series will not receive any update to introduce the HDR.
HDR is also now available on PS4 (not Pro) with the version 4.00 firmware update, but is necessary still an HDR TV's.

Manolo

So it's not worth me upgrading to the PS4 Pro then ?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

My answer is like the Sony's answer:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/

Q: How does PS4 Pro compare to the standard PS4?
PS4 Pro is significantly more powerful than the standard PS4 model. PS4 Pro’s advanced graphics processor unit incorporates many features from AMD’s latest “Polaris” architecture, as well as some fully custom hardware innovations, and is considerably more powerful than the GPU included in the standard PS4.

All in all, this increase in processing power enables developers to tap into far more demanding visual features for PS4 Pro owners, including smoother or more stable framerates, support for 4K rendering, advanced graphics features, and more.

Q: What video output settings does PS4 Pro support?
At launch, PS4 Pro supports all of the HD video output settings found on the standard PS4. Notably, PS4 Pro introduces 4K output, with settings for both 2160p YUV420 and 2160p RGB (recommended if your TV supports it) at up to 60 frames per second when using a supported 4K TV and Premium HDMI (aka HDMI 2.0) cable.

Q: Does PS4 Pro require any specialized equipment?
Only if you want to experience 4K and HDR. Otherwise, no. Like the standard PS4, PS4 Pro fully supports existing HD TVs (720p / 1080i / 1080p). PS4 Pro can also output a 4K signal on supported 4K TVs when using a Premium HDMI cable (one will be included with PS4 Pro). To enjoy HDR features, you’ll need an HDTV that’s compatible with the HDR10 format, and HDR10-enabled games or content.

Q: Outside of higher gaming performance, 4K TV features, and support for 4K video streaming, are there any other benefits to PS4 Pro?
Yes. PS4 Pro will come standard with a 1TB HDD, faster Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), and a third USB 3.1 Gen.1 port on the rear of the unit. PS4 Pro’s more powerful hardware can also benefit PlayStation VR games, enhance streaming features such as Share Play and Remote Play, and enable higher resolution output for media captured using the Share button.

In most other ways, PS4 Pro will be very similar to the standard PS4. This includes the user interface and functionality.

Manolo