Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback - HELP!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kieranellerton
New

Sony Cashback - HELP!

Hey there,

I see that lots of people are all having this same issue, of not being able to check up on the status of a submited valid Sony Cashback claim.

I submitted my valid claim with all supporting documents over a week ago, and received a "Cashback Registration Confirmation" email back from the following email address; sonyeurope@mail.sony-europe.com.  The mail was confusing as it stated conflicting information.  It did go on to say that my documents needed checking, and that someone would be in touch to tell me; "Once everything is checked, the cashback will be processed and you will receive a confirmation mail when done".

There appears to be nowhere to check the status of the claim, or anywhere/anyone to contact to get an estimate of how much the cashback claim is for, and when it will be submitted.  Has anyone else managed to resolve this, and actually get to the point of receiving money in the bank?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kieran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ruta82 and @kieranellerton

The best thing to do is telephone Sony Support on:

+44 (0) 2073652810

Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ruta82
New

Hi 

I am also having this problem.... got the same generic reply from Sony on 30/11/17 and haven't heard anything since. I presume they would get in touch with you if the information provided wasn't verifiable for some reason. Did you email the docs as well as uploading to the cashback page? 

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can shed on this! 

R

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ruta82 and @kieranellerton

The best thing to do is telephone Sony Support on:

+44 (0) 2073652810

Keep us posted.

profile.country.GB.title
kieranellerton
New

Hi @jumpsuit,

Thank you for the advice.  I called the Sony Support team who advised that my cashback has been approved (was approved within 24hrs of submitting my claim), and will be in the bank within 28 calendar days.

It seems that the process works really smoothly on the Sony side, but there is definetly a lack of information being fed back to customers to keep us updated with progress.

Anyway - appreciate the help!

Kieran

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@kieranellerton  You're welcome :beers:

Glad its sorted :slight_smile: