Join now - be part of our community!

WX100...LCD display issue

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RicRoc0
Visitor

WX100...LCD display issue

Hi,

I have just bought a WX100.  I have set it up and have tried to take a photo but cannot see anything on the LCD display.  It looks like the camera is registering people when trying to take the photo, but nothing is coming through to the screen.  I have checked that the shutter is open 😕

Any ideas whaat im doing wrong??

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi RicRoc0, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What happens when you power the camera up - is there anything on the display?

You should be able to power up, slide the Mode switch up to the camera icon and the LCD should display a live picure of the scene you're shooting.

If this doesn't happen, try resetting the camera to factory defaults: switch it off, remove the battery, press and hold the shutter release button for 15 seconds, release, re-insert the battery and power up again.

You'll have to do the set up again; to be on the safe side, follow the steps for this exactly as they appear in the Instruction Manual.

Hopefully that'll fix it :cool:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi RicRoc0, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What happens when you power the camera up - is there anything on the display?

You should be able to power up, slide the Mode switch up to the camera icon and the LCD should display a live picure of the scene you're shooting.

If this doesn't happen, try resetting the camera to factory defaults: switch it off, remove the battery, press and hold the shutter release button for 15 seconds, release, re-insert the battery and power up again.

You'll have to do the set up again; to be on the safe side, follow the steps for this exactly as they appear in the Instruction Manual.

Hopefully that'll fix it :cool:

Cheers

Mick