Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSC-TX7 Vibrates Constantly

profile.country.GB.title
Redalerto
New

Sony DSC-TX7 Vibrates Constantly

I just bought the ACC-HDBN and it comes with the NP-BN1 battery. When I replaced this battery into my DSC-TX7 camera it has caused my camera to vibrate constantly whenever I have it turned on. I am not too sure if this is by coincidence or not but when if I revert back to the old battery the vibration problem is still there.

I contacted the Sony Customer Service Information team and they suggested that the accessory pack I bought is incompatible with the DSC-TX7 and I should have bought the ACC-CSBN accessory pack. Both pack come with the NP-BN1 battery so I am not sure where they are coming from when they say it is incompatible. Anyone aware of the accessory packs having different versions of the exact battery pack?

Aside from that is anyone aware of any vibration problems with the Sony DSC-TX7? I read a lot of information on the web and it looks like it is quite common for the Sony cameras to suffer from vibration problems for example in the T200. Do you think this is related?

Is it correct that to get my camera repaired it will be around about £117?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Redalerto - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

They may have meant that other elements of the accessory pack were incompatible - as far as I am aware there is only one type of NP-BN1 battery and any variation of this would be named differently.

Regarding the vibration problem, has the repair price been quoted to you by Sony Customer Services? Depending upon where you live, there may be a local independent repair facility who can offer a better price and when combined with other online companies who offer repairs, you may find that shopping around will drive the cost down. Google in particular lists a number of possibilities. This will be irrelevant if you have had the camera for less than twelve months from new as it may be covered by the warranty if it is under a year old.

Thanks,

Simon