Join now - be part of our community!

Please help! New DSC-H400 memory slot problem

Please help! New DSC-H400 memory slot problem

Hi there,

I literally just bought this product, but the company I bought from will do nothing to help me return it.  It arrived and seemed OK with my memory card, then when I ejected the card a piece of the memory card fell out.  I bought a new card and tried several others (all compatible with this model) and it keeps coming up with 'reinstate previous card'.  Obviously I can't as it's broken and won't work anywhere.  No card is working, the error comes up every time.  Each time I have only taken the card out whilst camera iis off.  Tried taking battery out etc, looked in the slot with a torch and there is nothing in there, all looks immaculate.

I urgently need a camera but have no idea what to do about this, no one at the store I got it from will help and I paid over the odds to get it on a finance deal so I'm really worried.

Many thanks, would be so grateful for advice!

jen

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Jen try the following taken from the help guide. 

Digital Still Camera
DSC-H400
Initialize

Initializes settings to the default setting.
Even if you execute this function, images are retained.
MENU - (Settings) - (Main Settings) - [Initialize] - [OK] -
Note
Be sure not to remove the battery pack while initializing.

I am not sure if this will help with your problem but thought it worthy of mentioning. 

Thanks, I can't find any initialise option in the menu settings at all.  I have, however, formatted the memory card whilst in the camera, I've also tried several other memory cards so I think the slot is faulty.

I bought it through Littlewoods who apparently don't accept returns, I've only had it since Dec 3rd so I'm getting very frustrated as it arrived in this condition but I don't seem to have any option to return it.

Thanks for your help, I think it's just faulty, I've tried all online fixes and nothing has worked sadly.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

If you believe that your camera is indeed faulty and the retailer is not forthcoming with a refund or replacement then you could try raising this with the finance company.