Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories Home doesn't work! Please help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shdabin48

Playmemories Home doesn't work! Please help!

My gosh, this site is headache to navigate these days, the UK support tel number doesnt work.

My DSC W350, I just thought I would start to use it again, so I install the old software, it says PMB has changedn to PMH, so off I go downloading and installing Playmemories Home, click, sign in with sen account and what happens? everytime I click the icon on my win 8 laptop it updates the database, everytime I connect my camera It updares the database, nothing else, doesnt open Playmemories home software and does nothing else, renders my camera useless now....what can I do, I re downoaded and installed the software twice? I am really perplexed...and no one to call any more..no help..

skidpro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shdabin48

I had to do a recent OS system format, now PMH works.....

skidpro

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Planetoz
New

Have experienced a very similar problem. After installing PMH on a new PC (pictures already transferred), I receive message when launching the application that database is being updated and this may take a few minutes to complete. After 3-5 minutes, the message disappears but the application will not launch. Have responded to your message in the hope that more responses on this subject will get a solution. 

shdabin48

I had to do a recent OS system format, now PMH works.....

skidpro
Lonerock
New

I have the same problem.. I have a Win 8.1 pc.... I needed to do a Machine refresh (accessed windows Update)... that solved the problem

terwagg
New

I confess that having got this with my new and rather expensive Sony A7R2 camera, I did expect it to work at least! - especially as it is needed for some of the camera's functions.  Instead, on my Windows 10 platform (i5 chip - 16 gig memory) the stupid thing keeps caising my machine to crash.

I have the latest versionm, which lists windows 10 as a required OS, but it is hopeless.

I am a very experienced computer operator (no novice - I've done this many times - since 1980)

There is aboviously a problem with the software but, unfortunately, when I try to contact Sony (via my account login - I jjust seem to get shipped around the houses!)

I can only say that I am glad my new camera is far better than their playstation support!