Join now - be part of our community!

Movie count in HX9V

profile.country.en_GB.title
sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Movie count in HX9V

When I start using a new memory card in the HX9V the file count for movies reverts back to 00000.  There does not seem to be an option for movies to file number as a series.  It seems the menu option for file 'series' is for still pictures only.  Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello sphinxxxxx :slight_smile:

I can see why the other similar thread was of interest to you regarding file numbering on a different camera. I am looking into whether there is a similar option for movie files and I will let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks,

Simon

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Thanks Simon

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Still no answer Simon???

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

It is so discouraging to see that Sony customer service is still as ineffectual as it has always been.

-Cass-
Explorer

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Team

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again,

Unfortunately I am not online every day so this is why there may be a gap in threads that I am involved in.

I can see that a moderator has picked up on this issue as well so it has been re-raised with some other users to see if a solution/answer can be found.

Thanks,

Simon

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

Well, thank the lord I am not holding my breath for a reply.  It was not rocket science - I simply asked the manufacturers of a camera I purchased if there was an option for serial movie file numbering.

Forget it.

profile.country.de_DE.title
Jules74
Visitor

Hi Sphinxxxxx,

I am not sure, if you will ever read this after such a long time...

I just found your thread by pure coincidence googleing for something different, but when I read it, I really felt sorry for you! So I decided to reply...

It sounds like you have the same problem, I had with my NEX camera recording AVCHD videos (mts files). Every time I saved them on a HDD and formatted the memory card afterwards, all AVCHD movies started with 0000 again, which was really annoying.

I did not find a way to change it in the menu of the camera or in the manual, but then noticed that the same also happens with my friend's little Panasonic camera I borrowed for snocheling...

In the end I got the advice to use the Sony Picture Motion Browser software (PMB) that was included with my NEX (and can also be downloaded from the Sony website) for transferring videos and pictures to my PC.

When using PMB for the tansfer to the PC, all AVCHD (mts files) will suddenly have the exact date and recording time as the file name on the computer. It looks a bit odd, but at least it is a unique file name and you will not have a conflict after formatting the memory card.

Did you contact the Sony Support in the end? Did they have a better/different suggestion for you?

Cheers

Jules

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

There is no option for serial movie file numbering, sorry.

If you use PMB to transfer the movie files PMB will use unique file names according to date&time of import, therefore I would recommed to use this option. Otherwise, when just using Wndows explorer to copy&paste the mts-files to your HD there is indeed a risk that you end up with duplicate file names from previous recordings.