Join now - be part of our community!

How can I speak directly to a service engineer for the cameras?

profile.country.en_GB.title
caroline882
Visitor

How can I speak directly to a service engineer for the cameras?

Our camera is just out of warranty.  It was sold as an "waterproof" camera and has been used with special waterproof housing for underwater photography. Unfortunately, this Summer the inside of the photo display screen has become damaged and fogged up so that it is virtually impossible to use.  Sony are refusing to look at examine it without charging us.  This seems pointless as we believe that there is a fault with the camera itself.  The camera is in excellent condition, we cannot speak to any engineers for advice and as the cost of even looking at the camera is so high we are asking for it to be returned.  We are SO disappointed as we are great fans of Sony but are now considering other brands.  Does anyone know how to contact the Service Manager by phone to discuss this.  Help?  Please!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello caroline882 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I cannot speak for or on behalf or the customer service department at Sony - however as far as I am aware, a camera that is out of warranty will always attract a fee to be examined.

If at all possible, could you please take a photo or two of the affected area of the camera and then upload the picture(s) into this forum thread. Once you have done this, I will escalate this to customer support and try and get some more information about why it cannot be looked at without charging a fee.

On the other hand, you could always try calling the same phone number as before and ask directly to speak to a manager - however I cannot guarantee that you will get a different answer.

Thanks,

Simon