Join now - be part of our community!

getting good quality images for Cybershot DSC-W620 14.1MP

profile.country.en_GB.title
psychikchik
Visitor

getting good quality images for Cybershot DSC-W620 14.1MP

My mum and I just got a Cybershot DSC-W620 14.1MP and the picture quality is not consistent and most times not good at all! I have tried using different settings, adjusting brightness and all including changing all d settings and flash to auto. Also even when I find a setting that works and the picture turns out okay, the next picture looks weird and unnatural. This is really fustrating. does anyone please know how to adjust the settings of this camera to fit all types of light exposures and sceneries to get clear, consistent and really good picture qualities?? without having to change it everytime?

Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello psychikchik - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

In theory, the safest way to 'hedge your bets' would be the leave it on automatic settings when taking photos for the majority of situations. However, for other situations, you would then need to change the various settings to suit the amount of light etc.

Having said this, the 'Intelligent Auto' mode (as opposed to 'Easy') should give you the best results on a consistent basis.

If there are any images that you are particularly concerned about you could try uploading them into this forum thread and I can take a look at them. For each image, please let me know which settings you used (or as much as you can remember).

Thanks,

Simon

psychikchik
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot! Well, some of the pictures did turn out okay with the intelligent auto mode. Well, mostly the ones taken outdoors when it was bright and sunny...the ones taken indoors were not so good and the ones taken at night, even with the flash, they weren't clear...I am trying to upload some of the pictures but its not uploaded, says the images are too large :smileyconfused:.....reading the reviews of other owners, I dont think there's much that can be done. We had to buy this one without 'researching' properly because the one we went for at the store was out of stock and we needed it urgently. This is so dissapointing:smileysad:.....

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you cannot attach the images to the forum, you could try uploading them to another service and then posting the links here. I use the free version of Dropbox for this and for anything that I want to share publicly, it is possible to make the files/photos visible to other users.

If you can get these images uploaded, I can take a look.

Thanks,

Simon