Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX60

CarliC
Explorer

DSC-HX60

(My point & shoot Vivitar camera died) and so husband bought me a Sony DSC-HX60. Have spent 3-days studying the extremely brief Instruction Manual and exploring the Modes/Menus on the camera. Many queries, but first and foremost, how do I 'easily view' the photos that I have taken?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi CarliC and welcome.

I'm not sure if the downloadable manual is any better but you can find it here: -

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4529918111.pdf

or

http://download.sony-europe.com/pub/manuals/consumer/DSCHX60V_Help_EN.pdf

There are several ways to view your pictures: -

1.  On the camera screen

Playback.jpg

2.  On a HD TV - either by connecting the camera with a HDMI Cable (bought separately) or by transferring the memory card to the card slot on the TV.

3.  On a PC/Tablet by transferring the images by USB or or by using the memory card in the device.

If you let us know which method you are most interested in, I'm sure someone can help further.

:wink:

CarliC
Explorer

Hi and thanks for the welcome and response : Sorry! I didn't make myself clear. I am struggling to view my (experimental) photos on the camera LCD(?) screen - I press the playback button, but get a tiny photo, some of it actually flashing/blinking, surrounded by a lot of info. I then use the zoom lever to bring the photo to fill the screen and then turn the Control wheel to 'run' through the various photos. This seems a slow, laborious process. Am I missing a simple method?
CarliC
Explorer

Hi Blencogo, sorry but my response further explanation, has come through separately, below. Getting the hang of how to use this site. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

profile.country.GR.title
dipolyd

Just press the upper part of the circular dial several times, until you get a full screen image.

Speaking of which, the blinking parts are highlighted by the camera parts and are to indicate the real parts of the picture which are actually overexposed.

DIM POL
FDullemeijer
Explorer

First my name is Frans; from the Netherlands; 68 years; my knowledge of english is limited en my panasonic digital camera was stolen Eight yaers old and a bit oldfashioned ; sorry for the thief. A very good moment to replace it bij a HX60 and indeed a jungle of possibilties in my opinion. This all happened a week ago now and i make some pictures and vieuw them op de little button between DISP and the arrow sign left above disp. You can "travel"with the big round button under DISP. Pushing left and right on it. Is the an answer for you? Greetins

profile.country.GR.title
dipolyd

My dear Frans,sorry but I do not understand the question or if is there any problem!
Best regards,Dimitris.
DIM POL
FDullemeijer
Explorer

Dear Dimitris

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I.m completely new her and also with my HX60.  So first an introducing for my person and second a help trying for mrs Carlic with her question.  That's all and maybe I make mistakes in the English language and other things. My HX60 is a new and great adventure for me and this community is a good place to learn and read things.But.. indeed a quetion: at  end of a letter: You write Best regards; I used Greetings yesterday. Sometimes I see ByBye.  I don,t know what is best.  Stupid question I think but I like to know it.  For this moment I use  best regards

Frans

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Frans,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I do not mind you posting in the UK but I'm not sure if you are aware but there is also a Sony Community Forum for Dutch speaking people Sony Community NL..

Also as you have new camera why not share some of your photos in the gallery..