Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX20V Pop-Up Flash

mikep6dd
Explorer

DSC-HX20V Pop-Up Flash

I've recently purchased this camera for a number of reasons, including the apparent anti-reflective characteristics of the screen according to many reviews, despite the fact that it is now a phased-out model. I've yet to test, this but am confident it will prove correct.

Some reviews aimed a certain level of criticism at the pop up flash and its location on top of the camera where one may wish to place a steadying finger. Of course if one is going to have a pop-up flash it can hardly be placed anywhere else and I'm sure there are very good reasons for Sony electing to incorporate such a flash.

Nevertheless, it is going to take some getting used to and I have been unable to find any guidance from Sony on how to steady the camera with the left hand without hampering the action of the flash. Of course this is a matter of choice and possibly in time it will become patently obvious how to do this. But, Sony must have considered this issue in the design of the camera and must have reached a conclusion as to what it would recommend to customers. Does anyone know Sony's feelings/recommendations on this point?

0 REPLIES 0