Join now - be part of our community!

Cybershot DSC-TX20

profile.country.en_GB.title
joodann
Visitor

Cybershot DSC-TX20

It appears I am unable to download in PDF the i manual for my DSC-TX20 camera, and unable to obtain disc from Sony or any help from them with this unbelievable problem. On web site i manual is only html ?

Can any one help me?

8 REPLIES 8
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello joodann - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

On the official support page for the DSC-TX20:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-TX20

You have the option of downloading the entire PDF manual by right-clicking on the link (the exact details will depend upon your chosen internet browser) or you can view the i-Manual online as it is based upon HTML technology. The i-Manual would have been designed for online viewing only and the PDF would be the better option if you need to view it without using an internet connection.

Thanks,

Simon

joodann
Visitor

Thank you for your reply, I already have a copy of the PDF instruction manual but this only gives me basic instructions.   I would like to be able to download from a disc or website the full i manual and print this out in PDF format so I am able to read the full instructions as and when required, possibly when I am away from home and not have to refer to your web site on the internet each time I have a problem to solve.  My previous camera was the Sony DSC TX5 and I was able to do this from a disc supplied with my camera.   Unfortunately this failed with water ingress and Sony kindly replaced this for me with the TX20.

If it is not possible to have this i manual in printed form, is this goint to be available in PDF form or disc in the near future.?

blaireau_photo wrote:

Hello joodann - Welcome to the Sony Forums

On the official support page for the DSC-TX20:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-TX20

You have the option of downloading the entire PDF manual by right-clicking on the link (the exact details will depend upon your chosen internet browser) or you can view the i-Manual online as it is based upon HTML technology. The i-Manual would have been designed for online viewing only and the PDF would be the better option if you need to view it without using an internet connection.

Thanks,

Simon

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again joodann :slight_smile:

When you received the replacement camera, was there not a disc supplied in the box and if so, is there not a downloadable version of the extended manual on there?

Simon

joodann
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, no disc supplied with camera this is my problem.  I seem unable to obtain one.   Can you advise me or put me in touch with someone who can.   As mentioned before it is impossible to download the entire manual from your web site as it is in HTML which can only be viewed on line.  I therefore have a camera

without full instruction book?  Thanks

Mick2011
New

Hi joodann :slight_smile:

These days Sony generally only supply a basic User Manual with Cybershot cameras, supplemented by online iManuals.

However you should be able to 'print' (via File > Print menus) any HTML page as a PDF, using browser plugins or (depending on OS) using features built into browsers such as Chrome.

Hope that solves your problem.

Cheers

Mick

joodann
Visitor

Thanks will try this.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

That's a good idea Mick - I use something called CutePDF for that (available on Google) but naturally there are other similar programs available.

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I have created a PDF version of the i-Manual for the DSC-TX20.

You can download it from following dropbox-link.

It was created with Adobe Acrobat so all the links are still active and you are able to navigate inside the document in the same way as in the html online version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne1ch4brtgxwo13/DSC-TX20%20_%20Cyber-shot%20User%20Guide_En.pdf