Join now - be part of our community!

Will SONY provide firmware update to support eARC?

profile.country.SE.title
nucleoXXI

Will SONY provide firmware update to support eARC?

Hello,

I've been trying to find further information, but so far no luck. Perhaps someone here knows?

Do you know or is it feasible to think that SONY will provide a firmware update to i.e. A1 OLED sets to support eARC?

What I've been told is that the competition, SAMSUNG will support it later for  i.e. KS8000.

Reason why I would like to know is that I would like to update my home theather setup with a new A/V receiver. The model that I'm interested in (2016 line-up) will not support eARC and will not be updated via firmware (but better news is that the price will drop). The new model (2017) which is set to be released any week now will however support eARC onboard, but for much higher cost.

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Will look at sony X800M2 Player. That looks good. 👍 

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Screenshot_20200725-194826.png

I found this about my TV but keep being told that it only has Arc so I have. No idea if mine does or doesn't its the 2019 43xg8396 Model

profile.country.GB.title
lucianpacurar
Explorer

As far as I know only the XG85 and XG95 have chipsets which support eARC. XG90, XG83, XG81, XG80 and XG70 use the older SoC.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

OK thank you its just a little miss leading when you read something that says yes, but then find out it's wrong.. At least I have a X800M2 Ultra player which runs all formats you want true HD, DTS HD, ATMOS AND DTS X Great. 😊 Thanks again. 😊 

profile.country.GB.title
lucianpacurar
Explorer

Tell me about it. I'm in the same position, bought the XG90 because I thought it's based on the ATV3 platform, and it's not. I might sell it sometime this year and get something else like XH95 or LG CX 49".