Join now - be part of our community!

TV none responsive

CliveJC
Explorer

TV none responsive

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia KD-49X8309C from Currys as I had a Panasonic go wrong after 6 months. I'm finding that the TV works fine while we are using it, but when we turn it off with the remote after about 20 minutes the light comes back on but the TV is off. I try turning on with the remote and it comes on, but there is no sound through either TV or sound bar. Also the remote then doesn't work and neither do the buttons on the back. TV has to be turned off from the power and rebooted to work again. I've had the TV 5 days and had to do this 7 times already so I'm not to impressed. Software is up to date and have seen this problem mentioned on the US boards. So any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are some issues that people are experiencing at the moment.  See HERE for that list.  In the meantime, I would suggest a factory reset of the TV.  As it can resolve issues.  Instructions HERE

Cheers

CliveJC
Explorer

Thank you for your response. I have carried out a factory reset and am still getting the same problem. I've looked at the main titles on the list and can't see one that covers my problem.