Join now - be part of our community!

Trying to get a webcam to work with a Sony Bravia KD-49XD8 TV

profile.country.GB.title
Clare.pereira
New

Trying to get a webcam to work with a Sony Bravia KD-49XD8 TV

I’m trying to get a webcam to work on my tv so I can use Skype or zoom etc whilst working from home 

I’m struggling to get the tv to recognise the Logitech webcam.

any ideas 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

webcam are not supported on android tv in non professional mode, as well as skype has been retired by Microsoft on all TV platform. You can still cast from any other device

profile.country.GB.title
will.holdsworth
Explorer

You can sometimes get Pro mode working on Sony TV's to enable the USB camera option on a non-pro tv. This clears your Android TV homepage icons so you might have to set them up again afterwards.

You can get into Pro mode by pressing these keys on the remote in quick succession. It might take a few tries.

i+ > mute > volume up > home

It turns the TV off and back on and then you get a 'Pro' setting at the top of the settings menu. There's a 'Developer option' in that Pro menu which has a toggle to turn the USB camera option on. 

You then click the setting 'Return to normal mode' in the Pro menu and the TV will turn off and on again. 

Your USB camera might be trash quality because you can't choose the video output at all, but it might work well enough for you.