Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XH90 65” Firmware Update

profile.country.GB.title
DavidKGH
Explorer

Sony XH90 65” Firmware Update

Hi all,

I have purchased the above tv, mainly for movies and gaming. I was under the impression there was an update to enable 120hz gaming. My new series x has been installed and my tv software says it’s up to date. I have the console in HDMI 3 which I believe is one of the HDMI 2.1 ports. My XBOX states the tv is not ready for 120hz. My current software is 6.0155. Can anyone help? 

I have tried downloading the software and using USB but I’m using a Mac and the Mac won’t let me open the installer. 

please advise 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi David,

The software rollout has been stopped due to some issues.

You still can download the software but need to extract to an USB Stick to be able to install it to your TV.

Maybe ask someone with a PC to extract the file for you if your Mac can't handle it.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
DavidKGH
Explorer

I’ve tried it with a pc too and when I put it into the tv it does not do anything. 

Do we know when the update will be fixed and released over the air? 

profile.country.GB.title
SonyBraviaUK
Explorer

Hi David,

I've just downloaded V6.7140 to the PC and extracted the file to a USB drive.

When plugging in the USB drive to the Bravia, it took quite a few seconds for the TV to 'see' it.

Once it did recognise the file, it appears to have updated okay.

I dragged all the other folders on the drive (pictures/videos/files etc) into a 'New Folder' so there was only the update file and the 'New Folder' visible. 

HTH