Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD55X9005C and Harman Kardon SB35 - CEC

Filip_10
New

Sony KD55X9005C and Harman Kardon SB35 - CEC

Good Evening

I'm having some issues with CEC - before I even start I imagine the answer to my question will be "It's not compatible.", CEC doesnt seem to be the standard that it said to be after some googling.

I own a Sony KD55X9005C television and recently bought myself a Harman Kardon Sabre SB 35 soundbar. Connecting the soundbar from its HDMI TV to the TV:s HDMI 4 (ARC) port enables sound to go from the TV to the soundbar exactly as it should BUT I am not able to control the soundbar with my TV remote and I cannot see the soundbars on screen display (OSD) on the TV.

ARC seem to be working fine as I get sound from the TV to the soundbar but CEC seem to be all messed up altough both Sony and Harman Kardon clearly states that their devices should support CEC. In the BRAVIA Sync device list menu I can see the Sabre SB35 but when I click "Enable" it only says: "The TV has sent an [Enable] command to the connected HDMI devices. Controllable devices will be listed." then nothing happens. The device is just listed as an Audio System.

Anyone able to assist?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

BraviaSync is Sonys term for the more generic HDMI-CEC.  Unfortunately, this is a loose standard of which every manufacturer seems to have implemented slightly differently as you have found out.

Upon saying that, it appears that the SB35 has some CEC functions, but i cannot find anywhere in the manual for things like 'control for hdmi'.  So i dont think HK has implemented it fully.

Cheers

AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

Have you checked the manual book correctly for your Sony and Kardon?? Did you find any CEC specification with the manual??

WilliamHill
Explorer

The best solution would be to call the customer support and then tell them the same problem. They will resolve your issue as soon as possible.