Join now - be part of our community!

Someone pls Help with Sony MDR-HW700DS 9.1 Headphones * NO 4K Output Signal* :(

Audiophile6208
Explorer

Someone pls Help with Sony MDR-HW700DS 9.1 Headphones * NO 4K Output Signal* :(

Hi I have the New Xbox One S Which Outputs in 4K Resolution even on the home screen. 4K works perfect on my 4K TV with a direct hdmi connection to TV

But when I connect the HDMI From the 4K XBOX ONE S to the Processor Box the max resolution is 1080p, when trying to change from the xbox one s settings from 1080p to 4K UHD it says on the xbox one s, tv not supported.  but clearly it works when connected directly from my xbox one hdmi to tv  on my  4k tv 

can someone please help me. what am i doing wrong. it does say the processor box has 4k pass through 

thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Audiophile6208
Explorer

Hi Can someone clarify this for me Please

If I Connect the Xbox One S Directly to my TV, then use the HDMI ARC Function from the processor Box and select output "TV" will I get the Same Audio quality and surround sound quality as the devices which are connected directly into the HDMI 1.2,3 inputs in the processor. Is the audio quality between HDMI ARC input the same as the inputs directly in hdmi 1,2,3 from the processor box ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive removed your other (duplicate) thread.

Just to confirm, the MDR-HW700DS does indeed support 4K pass-through.  In many cases where it doesnt work, its usually the HDMI cable itself.  Both HDMI cables need to be 'high speed' 4K capable (2.0) for it to work - have you a spare HDMI cable to test?

Also, ensure the Xbox One S outputs on either these supported resolutions:

_20160822_194846.JPG

Cheers

Audiophile6208
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Im pretty sure the ARC HDMI Cable is the latest Standard from Amazon. Its an Amazon Hdmi cable branded. The xbox one s cable is the one that came with the console which works fine on a direct hdmi cable to tv connection 

I will have a lot at the settings again. my guess the pass through may be suitable for movies possibly but not actual gaming 😞      i will update again soon   thx again

Audiophile6208
Explorer

That Didnt work 😞  All my HDMI Cables are the right ones they are all Labelled High Speed. And once connected directly to the to the xbox one a supports all formats thanks to the tv so its issue with processor box 

So I guess my Final question is the ARC issue

I have a Sony KD-55X9305C  TV. Does anyone know if the HDMI ARC Function decodes / allows Dolby HD, DTS HD , Dolby Digital 5.1 etc  as ive heard some tvs only allow allow stereo through hdmi arc 

---------------

PS  the android netflix app and other in built tv apps no audio through ARC to these headphones 😞    it works only through tv optical to processor box 😞

TomDavy75
New

I also have this problem with my new Samsung ue65ks7005.

I can't get a full 4K picture through the processor box. My cables are HDMI 2.0.

Could the problem be that the box doesn't support the new 4K HDR UHD 10bits signal? And that's why my TV goes black, when I manually try to adjust the signal to 2160p resolution from my Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD bluray player?

I'm considering returning the headset, since it's a 30 days open buy. But if someone could tell us, if the arc cabel from my TV and into the processor produce optimal sound quality, I would consider keep it that way.

Tom D.

Norway

profile.country.GB.title
miwyles72
Explorer

I have the 700ds headphones with the passthrough box. I have brand new chord hdmi cables and using the Sony 1000es 4k player on a ZD9. 

The player works perfectly whem connected directly to the TV. 

However when trying to pass through it only outputs 1080p?? 

Is it because the box doesn't support HDR? Please can someone help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi miwyles72, welcome to the Community. Hopefully one of the other Community members will get back to you about this soon. In the meantime you might want to ask Sony Support for advice. You can use this contact form

profile.country.GB.title
miwyles72
Explorer

I have used the contact form twice and never get a reply?

profile.country.US.title
Higher8K
Explorer

@Audiophile6208 wrote:

Hi I have the New Xbox One S Which Outputs in 4K Resolution even on the home screen. 4K works perfect on my 4K TV with a direct hdmi connection to TV

But when I connect the HDMI From the 4K XBOX ONE S to the Processor Box the max resolution is 1080p, when trying to change from the xbox one s settings from 1080p to 4K UHD it says on the xbox one s, tv not supported.  but clearly it works when connected directly from my xbox one hdmi to tv  on my  4k tv 

can someone please help me. what am i doing wrong. it does say the processor box has 4k pass through 

thank you

Sony MDR-HW700DS Headphones have HDMI 1.4b inputs. For 4K HDR path-through it is necessary to have HDMI 2.0 input. So i would recommend purchasing of either an AVR Key 18Gbps or an Egreat H10 video audio splitter. Both are available on Amazon.