Join now - be part of our community!

smart card adapter for XR-55X90J

profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

smart card adapter for XR-55X90J

Hi,

I think I made a mistake. I bought this TV a week ago. Unboxed with my son. Ready to mount on wall, I connected cables and Ethernet. 

At the back (left on top) the smart card slot is located, and there was a plastic adapter or sitting there. I have a Sony 49 inch, and there was not this kind of adapter. All I did was inserting the the smartcard/ in the reader of course.

I was thinking this adapter was there just to protect the slot. So I pulled it out and installed the smartcard reader.

Mounted the TV on wall and turned it on.....wow! Nice picture! 

My son went home to his wife, and I went down with the emptyTV case, with all the plastic and stuff. Including this little plastic adapter. Everything looked okay. Until next day, when i turned on th TV. It was just pixelating, and said Module removed.....module inserted. Channels were lost suddenly (paid channels) I took out the card reader and checked it. It looked as it should. Put the card reader in again. Same problem! I got frustrated. 

Then I remembered the plastic adpater i pulled out and trashed with the tv box. Went down to the place where we put this kind of trash....OMG the box was gone! *****! 

I contacted Sony Support for a replacement of the plastic adapter. I got a phone number. Called the company. Told him  the same story. He said he would look into it and call med back.

My question is. If the company can't help me, is there a place where i can find and buy spare parts for my TV? I really need this plastic adapter to get rid of the pixel error. The reader don't have proper contact with the pins without this adapter.

I really hope someone knows where to get this. 

Thank you! 

Erik 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Erik, so sorry to hear that.. Did Sony give you the part number? Their dealer is EET, if they can't provide it use the part number and look online. Good luck.