Join now - be part of our community!

Problem installing firmware for KD-65X9005C

noslob
Explorer

Problem installing firmware for KD-65X9005C

Hi,

Running firmware PKG2.287.0010eub right now as the tv came with this firmware. I have previously tried to upgrade directly from the tv. This has failed every time as it stops around 60% with saying that it couldn't connect to the server (and yes, I have no problem with internet in every other aspects).

I have now downloaded the latest version, PKG3.317EUB, and tried using a usb to install. The tv recognise the usb and the firmware as it starts to copy the file. The tv switches to a progress bar. At around 80% the tv shuts down and starts again, the logo etc starts for a while, then it shuts down again and when it turn itself back I get no notice or anything that something has happened. All this is automatically and I don't do anything during this time, from usb and forward.

But when I check the firmware (settings->help), its still the 2.287 version. I use mac and read somewhere that the usb should be formatted in ntfs but I have tried this also, with the exact same problem.

Anyon got any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have sent you a private message with some instructions, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

noslob
Explorer

Well, after a lot of tries it did finally work. As I had read about others having similar problems and they said you should format the usb in ntfs, I did just that. Ended up being the problem as I couldnt get anything to work if I didn't format the usb in fat32. Just a tip.

The problem I have now is that the IR doesn't respond. The normal remote does nothing and the logitech harmony I usually use don't do anything either. The smart remote works but that should be because it uses bluetooth.

Anyone got any suggestion for this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would advise doing a Factory reset of the TV, as it can clear up issues from after a FW update.  See HERE

Cheers