Join now - be part of our community!

Missing frames on USB HDD playback

profile.country.GB.title
mad_cyril

Missing frames on USB HDD playback

When playing back recordings made on a USB HDD we get missing frames where the screen goes black for a split second. This can be every few minutes or every few seconds. This only happens on playback, not when watching live TV.

KD43XG8096BU with WD Elements HDD connected to blue USB port

93 REPLIES 93
profile.country.GB.title
Handyandyxf9005

Sony said it was fixed in a firmware update, but everyone (XF users) are still having this issue. 

Has everyone on here been in contact with Sony and followed their trouble shooting steps? It needs people to report it to them and they may try again.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, do you make sure that you're using the correct format supported by your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
Handyandyxf9005

The issue is with recordings made/played back using inbuilt software. As far as I'm aware there are no settings that can be changed regarding 'format', whether that be the HEVEC format, resolution etc.

I cannot record, nor playback these recordings, using any 3rd party software due to them being encrypted (think that's the right word).

Video files played over my network via KODI, all playback without issues, even 4k hdr files.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Handyandyxf9005, I was talking about formatting the HDD, but what you're describing is normal due to copy rights.