Join now - be part of our community!

kd49xe8004 echoes when comnected to soundbar

beevzz
New

kd49xe8004 echoes when comnected to soundbar

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia KD49XE8004BUU and a HT-RT3 home theatre/soundbar system.

when I connect the TV to thw audio system with the included optical cable the sound plays outof the sound system. however it also simuntaneously plays through the TVs internal speakers as well which produced an awful echo. its unlistenable. 

anybody know what to do or why this is caused?

someone said i could connect via HDMI but i dont understand - how could i connect the audio system through HDMI but then use  2 HDMI connections at once (soundbar and PS4 or soundbar and Sky box for example)

thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Echo is due to the fact that you cannot have two different speaker system perfectly synchronized, never. Via optical cable you should indicate to the tv you want to use the external speaker and it will mute the internal ones as well as enabling multichannel flow from tv to HT.

Whoever suggested you should connect the soundbar via HDMI is perfectly right. Use the HDMI ARC port on your TV and you'll get higher codec compatibility, complete control of the soundbar (setting, volume, ecc.) via the tv menu/remote as well as automatic switching on/off of the soundbar. Don't understant your question regarding other HDMI devices, since your TV has more than one... and whichever device you'll use on the TV, it will send back the audio to the soundbar via the HDMIARC connection (ARC meaning Audio Return Channel BTW)