Join now - be part of our community!

KD49X8309CBU no aerial signal

SOLVED
Aj1soad
Explorer

KD49X8309CBU no aerial signal

Hi everyone. I've got a Sony KD49X8309CBU and for some reason I can't pick up any digital signal through the antenna so I can't set up the you view. The signal through the dish is fine. I've tried the antenna in another TV and that definitely works. Is there something I can try? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to help you, i think we need to take a step back and go back to basics first.

1. Can you confirm that you have an aerial on your roof or in the loft that is capable of picking up a terrestrial 'freeview' signal?
  2. Can you confirm that an aerial lead is connected to the TV.  Please do not use the satellite 'screw in' connection on the TV.
  3. Is this aerial lead of good condition (i.e. not damaged)?

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You must use the DVB-T2 tuner on the TV and pickup a 'freeview' signal.  

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Aj1soad wrote:

Hi everyone. I've got a Sony KD49X8309CBU and for some reason I can't pick up any digital signal through the antenna so I can't set up the you view. The signal through the dish is fine. I've tried the antenna in another TV and that definitely works. Is there something I can try? 

Hi 

Be aware that activating YouView will delete all your satellite tunings - you have to choose which of the two you want.

But broadcast Freeview coexists with satellite, so try ignoring YouView, and doing the Freeview tune-in that Quinnicus suggests.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Aj1soad
Explorer

thanks for the reply. ITV player and 5ondemand wont work without the Youview though. ive tried disconnecting the dvb2 cables and conected a normal antenna to the antenna port and its not picking anything up. do i have to delete the channel list on satelite first or should it do an auto wipe when doing the antenna scan?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Aj1soad wrote:

thanks for the reply. ITV player and 5ondemand wont work without the Youview though. ive tried disconnecting the dvb2 cables and conected a normal antenna to the antenna port and its not picking anything up. do i have to delete the channel list on satelite first or should it do an auto wipe when doing the antenna scan?

Demand5 is available outside YouView - it's All4 that isn't, along with the ITV Hub.

And just retune - no need to delete existing tunings first.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Aj1soad
Explorer

Sorry did mean 4od. But I'm still not picking any signal from the Antenna  scan. Any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In order to help you, i think we need to take a step back and go back to basics first.

1. Can you confirm that you have an aerial on your roof or in the loft that is capable of picking up a terrestrial 'freeview' signal?
  2. Can you confirm that an aerial lead is connected to the TV.  Please do not use the satellite 'screw in' connection on the TV.
  3. Is this aerial lead of good condition (i.e. not damaged)?

Cheers

Aj1soad
Explorer

Got it sorted out now. Ended up having to do a factory reset and it picked up the signal then. Thanks. for the help