Join now - be part of our community!

Hollow/convex panel shape in centre of TV. A80j. 55".

profile.country.GB.title
KevRusski
Explorer

Hollow/convex panel shape in centre of TV. A80j. 55".

Hi, just got the excellent 55" a80j.

However,  in the centre of the screen, the screen itself is depressed, it's about 1ft wide about 6" off top and bottom. I know the panels are not exactly totally flat, However,  this feels a little excessive, I know the speakers are in built to the panel, but others have said their set is not like this, similar the ones I have seen in store don't appear as bad either. PQ, I don't think has been effected.  Should this be acceptable.

IMG_20210923_144749691.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

PXL_20210930_105650515.jpg

If I angle mine right I can spy on the neighbours!!

Seriously, I would take it back. That would annoy the hell out of me.

profile.country.GB.title
KevRusski
Explorer

Thanks pal, I sent it back. Got another slight issue (or not) with the new panel. See new post.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, the reflection and the bend on the reflection are normal, not a defect.

profile.country.GB.title
KevRusski
Explorer

Well, I've seen plenty of these and this was the only set this bad.....I sent it back.

New one virtually perfectly flat,  nothing hideous like the first so I don't see how that is normal.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

hey KevRusski, good for you ^^ What I know is that this  is a normal phenomenon of the manufacturing processes used in the construction of the screen. In order to provide the strength of a set structure, a process is used which can lead to a slight distortion of reflected images. These distortions are mainly visible around the central area of the screen. However, there is no degradation in the picture or sound quality performance of the OLED TV because of this manufacturing process. It's normal to have a certain amount of distortion that varies between screens.