Join now - be part of our community!

Channels on Satellite with Symbolrate 45000 not working

profile.country.SK.title
slaaavko
Explorer

Channels on Satellite with Symbolrate 45000 not working

Hi,

i am using in Slovakia Fotelka satellite operator and he works on Belintersat 51,5 east with transponders with modulation 54Mhz 8PSK FEC 8/9 SR 45000 which means it has data rate of 119mbit. When i choose to tune this operator it finds the channels, but the picture on the channels is disturbed, with bad sound, it seems that SR 45000 is too much for them. I have XD8005 android tv. Any idea?

thanks

Slaaavko

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There is no satellite broadcast that has a bitstream past the UHD bluray top .... you should have a different problem

profile.country.SK.title
slaaavko
Explorer

It is, because i am the satellite broadcaster and have set all modulators with symbolrate 45000 FEC 8/9 and dvb-s2 8psk which means 119mbit/s . On separate STB it works fine, also on all LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Vestel etc, but on my Sony it reads all the channels by network scanning but shows only fragments of the picture. Do you think if i lower to 108mbit it will work? but then i loose 11mbit of sat transmision which is a lot. BTW i updated today my TV and though this problem would be solved, tryed, but no success.

profile.country.EE.title
TeamSAT
New

We can't see how soft upgrade could fix anything if inferior demod is used:confused:

Same SR is also used by our bigger competitor Tring, but only with 3/5 since they don't want upset viewers:

Encoding values 8/9 and 9/10 behave poorly under marginal link conditions (where the signal level is below the noise level).

We can see that cable providers are in ideal position:

Connecting the Si21692/682-D to a dual terrestrial/cable TV tuner and a dual satellite tuner results in a high-performance and cost optimized dual-channel TV or STB front-end solution.

• 1 to 45 MSymbol/s for all satellite standards

11094 V-codec

• we recommend to use instead of standard LNB convertor - MONOBLOCK - multiconverter which is able to receive all the Free to Air channels from 2 or 3 extra orbital positions
  • In case of satellite failure - backup channels via the Internet
  • Over 12 million homes in Central Europe and 500,000 in Indian Ocean islands are equipped to receive broadcast services from Eutelsat’s 16° East neighbourhood.

Maybe standard like on Eutelsat 33E will not come soon in our country, but at least we can order that box from UK🐍

Tags (1)
profile.country.SK.title
slaaavko
Explorer

Hi,

i saw Tring, it is working SR 45000 but 3/5, which is 80.166 Mbps, on Belintersat is also another transponder with 3/4 which is 100.332Mbps and it is also doing the same so maybe it somewhere about 90Mbps where it still work. You can check on http://www.satbroadcasts.com/DVB-S_Bitrate_and_Bandwidth_Calculator.html . I do not think this is a hardware problem, because all other competition works with this. I have an old Samsung Plasma TV from 2007 and it works on it also. So i think this is only some restriction.