Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync "not available while compatible audio system is used"

profile.country.GB.title
maggiepooch
Explorer

Bravia Sync "not available while compatible audio system is used"

Hi I've just got a KD55XG9505BU and I can't seem to get it to switch HDMI inputs automatically when we switch the Xbox on/off with the controller.

The Bravia Sync option is greyed out and if i try to click it says "Not available while BRAVIA Sync compatibale audio system is being used".

My current setup is:

Virgin V6 Tivo - HDMI 1

XBOX One - HDMI 2

Sonos Beam - HDMI 3/eArc

All I want is for the TV to switch between HDMI 1 or 2 depending on whether we turn the Xbox on or off. My previous 10 year old TV could manage this so what do I need to do?

Any help appreciated

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Please see more details on using the BRAVIA Sync feature here.

Let me know if this helps.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

I have that TV on Android 8 and my Sync settings don’t match those posted by Sean. (My problem is simply that I can’t use my ATV4K to turn the set off via CEC.)

profile.country.GB.title
maggiepooch
Explorer

Hi Sean thanks for the reply but I don't seem to have a problem controlling devices with the Sony Bravia remote, the help in the link you gave doesn't seem to mention automatic input switching if a device is switched on or off.

I am still at a loss how to get the TV to automatically use the active source input. It just stays on the one its on unless i change it myself with the remote.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

HDMI CEC is broken by design because every manufacturer has its own version of implementation. Why they all are similar and a lot of functions work, some combination of equipment just doesn't and there's nothing you can do about it. My TV and my Denon AVR is one of those combination. 

profile.country.GB.title
maggiepooch
Explorer

So are we saying that this TV is designed not to work with Xbox, one of the most commonly used devices that anyone in the world would use this TV? 😕 Whereas my 10 year old TV worked perfectly fine?

Also just to clarify, this TV doesn't switch the HDMI input with *any* device, you have to do it manually for anything.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@maggiepooch 

My expectation of CEC is that turning on a connected device, on an already turned on TV, may or may not change to that input, depending on the CEC implementation on that device.

But turning on a connected device with any CEC smarts at all, on a TV that is in standby, should always turn on the TV and switch to that input.

Can you try putting your TV in standby and then turning the Xbox on, to see if it then switched input for you?

On a TV that is turned on, my Sony BluRay Player will always grab the HDMI input it needs. My YouView box won’t, though it will grab it from the TV on standby.

I have had the YouView box depart from the expected behaviour, and just turn on the TV without changing input. A soft reset cures this.

You might want to try resetting either or both of TV and Xbox to restore expected CEC behaviour.

With the BluRay player, just me switching to the HDMI input the player is on fires it up. This is a bloody nuisance when I am just trying to move to the next HDMI input along, so I have had to move this device to the highest-numbered HDMI input.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@maggiepooch wrote:

So are we saying that this TV is designed not to work with Xbox, one of the most commonly used devices that anyone in the world would use this TV? 😕 Whereas my 10 year old TV worked perfectly fine?

Also just to clarify, this TV doesn't switch the HDMI input with *any* device, you have to do it manually for anything.

I'm saying that none of them is design to be 100% CEC compliant and that mess is going on for years. After all, none of the major TV players actually market this as HDMI CEC but as Bravia Sync, Anynet, younameit....

So, basically you have no legal reason to complain since it's not sold as HDMI CEC compliant but as Bravia Sync capable.  Out of curiosity, did you try that with PS4?

In my case, I just wanted to use ARC so I disabled everything else. Still, every time I would power up my AVR TV would turn on also. Turning on TV while AVR was on for some still unknown reason would lower the sound level of my AVR. But not on a scale, that would remain the same. It was just playing with lover level on the same scale level. The only way to return to normal levels was to power cycle AVR. One more optical cable later, my mind is eternally grateful for that move.