Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD55XE8596

profile.country.GB.title
Wercraft
Explorer

BRAVIA KD55XE8596

Google Home control does not work with my new Sony Android TV (KD55XE8596) with Chromecast built in, but does with the external Chromecast . Even worse for Google, I can control my Sony Android TV with my Amazon Alexa through an official Sony "Skill"!  Why is Sony only Supporting Amazon Why not Support Both.. Alexa can turn on/off my tv Alexa can turn the tv volume up and down But Google cant do any of that with. But If i say Hey Google watch *** on Youtube on TV guess what the TV turns on? Come on Sony a little help to the Google fan boys please 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Wercraft,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you tell me if the date and time settings of your TV are correct?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Wercraft
Explorer

@Sean_Mc Hi, thanks for the reply, to answer your question yes my TV is hard wired and uses the network clock and all is good and up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

I have a KD65XE8596 which is identical to the OP other than it having the 65" screen. I agree the Google Home app is unable to cast to my KD65XE8596 from my OnePlus2 phone. Casting directly from within android display settings does however seem to work fine. 

I don't know whose ball court this problem lies in however I seriously doubt that Sony is going to come along and say that this exact arrangement works and that it should defiintely work with zero issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Wercraft and joelippa, 

It's best to contact Sony Support about this here for further guidance.

Thanks,

Pascale_F 

profile.country.GB.title
Wercraft
Explorer

@joelippa  if you turn off the TV with the remote and do: Hey Google watch *** on Youtube on TV voila it turns on the TV try it see if it works for you, sadly no volume control and no turn TV off feature... Come on Sony stop supporting the retail company  

profile.country.GB.title
Wercraft
Explorer

@Pascale_F yes i have done this just now thank you for the link, look at my latest comment..

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

@Wercraft I suspect you're making an incorrect assumption about what I have here. I have:

1. A Sony Bravia TV

2. An android phone with the Google Home app installed on it (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app&hl=en_GB) that does not have the ability to cast to my Sony Bravia TV as I previously described. This is the Google Home that I'm referring to.

I have nothing else, no amazon dot / echo, no google home speaker or anything like that at all.