Join now - be part of our community!

Black stripe at the bottom of the screen

profile.country.LU.title
papadi
Explorer

Black stripe at the bottom of the screen

What is this black stripe that appears sometimes at the bottom of my screen? It appears exactly at the same place during any kind of video is playing. Kodi, YouTube, opera window etc. It goes away when I go back to the home screen. 

https://1drv.ms/i/s!ArHRpJKV3a3jg95LrGWYVMOUj3zoYw

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding photo to this thread from original posters link:

20170811_210134.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This particular issue is known on this forum, see:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd49x8005-marshmallow-black-shaded-bar/td-p/2331017

Unfortunately there is no known fix at this stage.  I will add this to the bugs/issues list as well.

Some questions:

1. What is the model number of your TV
  2. What is the current firmware on your TV
  3. What country are you located in

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
fitness4thought82
Explorer

I am having this issue too..had my TV since December 2015 KD49X8005CBU

happens when I'm using netflix/kodi/YouTube and goes away when I go to onscreen but comes back again when I open one of these apps 

I am in the UK and on version 6.0.1 

I took out a 5 year warranty on this TV and brought another sony TV KD55XD8599 as I am a big sony fan..

My question is ..if this is a known issue and there is no fix..can I get this TV replaced?

Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
hearntd

Hi,

I've been having the same issue, I've contacted support and after going through a load of stupid and pointless steps, they have said this moring "We can confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation and you will be updated within 24 working hours."

I'm a stoborn bugger so will be riding them on this, I've found seveal threds on this so I'll try and keep people updated on all the threads as to what responce I get.

profile.country.GB.title
fitness4thought82
Explorer

I've just had this come up on my s7 edge ..so it's clearly an android bug and not sony tv..but don't need to sort out ehat they are doing operating system wise 

Hi

I have just experienced the same issue.

I have a KD-49X8309C. Based in the UK.

Firmware is - 6.0.1

It's the first time it's ever happened and it was the first time I tried to cast from my phone without the TV switched on which I notice other people have mentioned on this and other related thread.