Join now - be part of our community!

6 Mths old Bravia XR65A84J faulty - SONY WARRANTY ONLY OFFERS REFURBED OLD UNIT?

profile.country.GB.title
Hitesh
Explorer

6 Mths old Bravia XR65A84J faulty - SONY WARRANTY ONLY OFFERS REFURBED OLD UNIT?

XR65A84J only 6 mths old faulty and Sony will not replace it with new unit, as Sony only offers refurbished pre-owned unit signed off as factory certified?   Very dissapointed, requested one to be supplied via Currys as they have many in stock. Unfortunately Sony refers us their Warranty T&C's. Who reads the full warranty terms when you are buying a premium product. CUSTOMERS TREATED UNFAIRLY!!  Who is the UK Director?  You do not expect a second hand refurb unit to replace your new one when it goes faulty?  Any advise and guidance appreciated.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Hitesh,

as far as I'm concerned this is standard practice among all popular TV manufacturers.

If you wish, I still can inform the support about you not being happy with this term of the warranty.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Hitesh
Explorer

Hi Nic,

I am advised that other manufacture's replace a faulty unit with a brand new replacement.

I am informed by Sony that the old refurbed unit is offered to me as you do not stock any new ones?

I hope you can understand that I am being difficult however would expect a new replacement unit?

I am trying to get in touch with senior management.

Thank you.

Hitesh

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Hitesh,

@Hitesh  schrieb:

I am advised that other manufacture's replace a faulty unit with a brand new replacement.

that would be news to me - yet it could be, that German warranty is different to the one in the UK. I myself had a Philips TV replaced and got a refurbished one, which is standard as I checked myself in the terms of the warranty. My dad once had an issue with his Samsung TV and also got a refurb (probably a return, as there was no trace of it being used).

@Hitesh  schrieb:

I am informed by Sony that the old refurbed unit is offered to me as you do not stock any new ones?

Those refurbs are rarely "old", they usually are returns which are barely used and as already mentioned in the name "refurbished", so fully checked to be in working order.

Also why do you write "you" - I don't stock any TVs and I don't work for Sony nor any affiliated company.

@Hitesh  schrieb:

I hope you can understand that I am being difficult however would expect a new replacement unit?

As I already mentioned - from experience those refurbs are usually better checked than any "new" unit which runs from the assembly line - my Philips refurb is still working seven years after I received it :slight_smile:

@Hitesh  schrieb:

I am trying to get in touch with senior management.

Senior management will probably point towards the terms of the warranty, but as I said - I can escalate this post to the support, even though I doubt that will lead anywhere.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Hitesh
Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for explaining, it does give me much confidence that factory assemby is not as good as refurbed unit.

I would prefer a brand new unit out of the box.

I would be grateful if you could escalate this for me, in the meantime I am also checking my rights an entitlement with the Financial Ombudsman as I am paying finance. 

Kind regards,

Hitesh