Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Alpha A230- Error Message

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lenelso35
Visitor

Sony Alpha A230- Error Message

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing for some issue with my Sony A230.

When I take a photo, upon pressing the button something inside the camera seems "stick" when the shutter inside closes. It then releases and clicks causing a black image and a camera error message on screen.

I then have to turn the camera off and then restart again, however this takes a few attempts before it stops doing this.

Just wondered if any of you might know what this is and how I might go about it getting fixed.

Thanks

:slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello lenelso35 :slight_smile:

This sounds like there is some kind of internal fault within the camera. If it is taking a few attempts at resetting to fix it, this may be something that gets progressively worse over time. There may be some kind of debris that is blocking the shutter, or it may require cleaning. If nothing seems obviously stuck in there, it may be worth contacting Sony Customer Services to find out about a possible repair. If the camera is out of warranty, please bear in mind that you can get quotes from other repair centres to get the best deal.

To contact Sony, please use the details on this page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello lenelso35 :slight_smile:

This sounds like there is some kind of internal fault within the camera. If it is taking a few attempts at resetting to fix it, this may be something that gets progressively worse over time. There may be some kind of debris that is blocking the shutter, or it may require cleaning. If nothing seems obviously stuck in there, it may be worth contacting Sony Customer Services to find out about a possible repair. If the camera is out of warranty, please bear in mind that you can get quotes from other repair centres to get the best deal.

To contact Sony, please use the details on this page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon