Join now - be part of our community!

Camera angle

SOLVED
ds2mph
Visitor

Camera angle

6411b4degy1g37oygjpezj21kw0w0wm1.jpgScreenshot_20190521-001646.png

Sony mobile china says that 26mm lens have 75° angle, 52mm lens have 45° angle, and 16mm lens have 130° angle

Sony mobile Hong Kong says that 26mm lens have 78° angle, 52mm lens have 46° angle, and 16mm lens have 130° angle

Which one is correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @ds2mph, let me see if I can answer your question.

The Xperia 1 triple lens main camera has the following focal lengths and angles of view:

16mm130°
26mm78°
52mm45°

So in this case, both Sony Mobile China and Sony Mobile Hong Kong is right in some places and wrong in other places. Please note though that the effective angle of view when photographing is to a large extent affected by factors such as aspect ratio and lens correction. For example, a 130° angle of view (measured diagonally in the frame) using the 16mm lens requires a 4:3 aspect ratio without lens correction.

I hope that helped! Have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @ds2mph, let me see if I can answer your question.

The Xperia 1 triple lens main camera has the following focal lengths and angles of view:

16mm130°
26mm78°
52mm45°

So in this case, both Sony Mobile China and Sony Mobile Hong Kong is right in some places and wrong in other places. Please note though that the effective angle of view when photographing is to a large extent affected by factors such as aspect ratio and lens correction. For example, a 130° angle of view (measured diagonally in the frame) using the 16mm lens requires a 4:3 aspect ratio without lens correction.

I hope that helped! Have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face