Join now - be part of our community!

i need help,i'm trying to connect my laptop with my bravia 40ex503 tv but get no results ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mecon0191
Visitor

i need help,i'm trying to connect my laptop with my bravia 40ex503 tv but get no results ?

can anyone help me ?i've been trying to connect my laptop to my bravia 40ex503 tv via a hdmi cable but i dont get a connection,i have proved the lead by using it with another device and it works fine i'm confused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

No worries - basically, just plugging the HDMI cable in isn't enough. You actually have to tell the TV you want to switch/replicate the display on the LCD and send it to your BRAVIA.

Normally this is done by holding down the Function key (marked Fn on many latops, possibly next to the windows key) and then pressing F7 button - this will then bring up a number or options to toggle through such as switch, replicate, display only etc.

Check your PC manual on how to output to a TV, but I don't think this is an issue with the BRAVIA, just need to configure the PC.

Good Luck!

cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried a different HDMi input on the TV and are you correctly telling the computer you want to use the HDMi output - normal Fn+F7 I think on a PC?

Thanks

mecon0191
Visitor

hi thanks for you'r reply,i've tried all four inputs on tv and have proven the lead,its a laptop i'm trying to connect.

Forgive my ignorance but i dont understand what you mean by Fn+F7

thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

No worries - basically, just plugging the HDMI cable in isn't enough. You actually have to tell the TV you want to switch/replicate the display on the LCD and send it to your BRAVIA.

Normally this is done by holding down the Function key (marked Fn on many latops, possibly next to the windows key) and then pressing F7 button - this will then bring up a number or options to toggle through such as switch, replicate, display only etc.

Check your PC manual on how to output to a TV, but I don't think this is an issue with the BRAVIA, just need to configure the PC.

Good Luck!

cheers

mecon0191
Visitor

THANKYOU I'VE NOW GOT IT SORTED,WORKING FINE

CHEERS