Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z4 tablet not powering up

SOLVED
Trebor101
Visitor

Xperia z4 tablet not powering up

Hi

I have had my tablet for less than a week and it has died, it was on 100% charge and I have returned from work and it will not switch on. I have tried the manual off button under the flap, it vibrated 3 times but since that nothing. The charger works fine but the tablet is basically an exensive toaster. 

Any suggestions are welcome. I have tried holding the power button and volume button down but that does not work. My PC companion will also not recognise device as surprise surprise there is no power 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thommo
Genius

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

SophiaW
Enthusiast

Hi Trebor101, welcome to the community!

Does the LED light come on when connected to a PC or other power source?

Trebor101
Visitor

Hi.... There is no light at all, but the charger is fine
Samuel1
Hero

As Thommo said you should contact the seller as soon as possible. They can hopefully help you out with the case. If the can't, contact your local Xperia Support:
Local support.

drlmiles1
Contributor

Before you take the tablet back, it is worth trying one or two things first, based on other Xperia devices and problems I have seen on this forum over the years. Unplug the charger, leave it disconnected for a few minutes, then reconnect it (also try a different charger). Does the charging light appear? If so, leave it for a good number of hours then try to start it again. Also try rebooting the device (from memory, I think this is hold down the Power and Volume up key for a few seconds). Sometimes other Xperia devices have falsely reported they are charged when they are not, or won't charge until rebooted.

If this makes no difference, then you will need to return it

Trebor101
Visitor

I've tried all of these..... I have contacted the retailer and they are swapping for a new one by courier tomorrow, thanks everyone for trying