Join now - be part of our community!

why cant I multi task?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

why cant I multi task?

I am at      home i connect to utube and play music as soon as I leave that  window the music stops

sorry I have so many questions

3 REPLIES 3
smellyonion
New

that is the inherit nature of android and ios, for that matter. android doesnt really do mutitasking dispite what the internet says. the multitasking is merely a pause of what you were doing. ie it doesnt use cpu on something running it the background unless that app was designed to do so.

sometimes android doesnt even keep the pauses of the things you were looking at eg, if you minimise the browser and play a game, if android needs more resources, itll dump the pause of the web browser from the ram and when you go back to it it has to reload the tabs.

the industry considers multitasking as "the user being able to switch between tasks" where as we consider multitasking to be  "the machine can do multiple tasks at once".

the only device that does play browser audio in the background and multitask properly is the bb playbook.

although for android there are apps which do play audio in the background like tune in radio or sonys music unlimited but I havent seen anything for youtube.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

for android, you are incorrect

it is just the way the app is programmed.

Apps DO exist that keep playing music as a service once you select them. Just youtube is not one of them.

Email the makers from the Market to suggest an update.

ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

OOK Thanks

I am getting used to this one finger typing too . Kinda like the word suggestion feature also .

So as I have a sony w995 phone with 8 gig of music on the memory stick. Before I go messing about how would you suggestI go about this.?

THANKS