Join now - be part of our community!

Struggling to keep the chosen settings

SOLVED
Lala24
Visitor

Struggling to keep the chosen settings

Good evening,

I am new to touch screen technologies, and Xperia Z3 is my first experience.

Whilst well recommended, our relationship has been frustrating one so far.

The problem is that it won't keep the settings and displays the way I want it to.

Whenever the tablet restarts, gets charged or connected to my main computer, it rearranges itself back to the state it was when I first got it - it changes the time, the brightness of the screen, the language, the time for screen saver and the number of panes with selected items in it.

Is there anything I can do to make this machine personal, so that it stays the way I want it to?

I thank ahead everyone who could help. 

Kind regards.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have been sold a demo unit that is not meant for sales or that your dealer have set your unit into demo mode.
Open Contacts -> [menu] -> Settings and then tap and hold your finger about a centimeter or so above home and back button. You should then see a button that allows you to enter a service code. Press it and then dial *#*#73556673#*#* and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lala24

Are you using a tablet or a phone? does it has a SIM card? 

Lala24
Visitor

Hello @uliwooly,

I am using Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact without a SIM card.

Best.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have the wifi version or the SIM version?

Rickard
Master

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have been sold a demo unit that is not meant for sales or that your dealer have set your unit into demo mode.
Open Contacts -> [menu] -> Settings and then tap and hold your finger about a centimeter or so above home and back button. You should then see a button that allows you to enter a service code. Press it and then dial *#*#73556673#*#* and see if that helps.

Lala24
Visitor

@Rickard wrote:

Thank You, Rickard

After dialling the number, the message shows "Retail store use ONLY" and warns me that photos, docs etc. will be deleted if I activate. I didn't.

Although the tablet does reverse itself back to its previous layout, time and language, it does not delete the documents or applications. It just cancels my preferences and moves my documents elsewhere every time it is restarted, charged or connected to the PC.

Do You think I should go back to that shop and ask what is wrong?

Lala24
Visitor

@uliwooly wrote:

Do you have the wifi version or the SIM version?

I guess it is wifi - there is no place for SIM card.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lala24

Repair it with PCC and report back

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Lala24
Visitor

Thank You, Rickard,

I did deal the number, but, as I said, I activated nothing, nevertheless since that time my tablet has become very obliging.

I like it.

I charged it, I connected it to my computer, I switched it on and off, it updated itself and now for 2 weeks displays have stayed the same. I have no idea what happened, but it worked.

Thank You

Rickard
Master

Glad to hear that Slightly_smiling_Face

This is not something i've heard of before but sounds like the demo mode was on and has now been disabled even though it said it was not enabled.

In case you should see this again i recommend that you take it back to the store.