Join now - be part of our community!

So I got the keyboard as well.. Only one small issue, hope someone knows how to solve it.

SOLVED
Zzzspawn
Visitor

So I got the keyboard as well.. Only one small issue, hope someone knows how to solve it.

So, I got the keyboard, and I don't really know if it is possible to fix this issue or not, but for me it is seriously annoying..

the issue is that when typing, the keyboard shuts down the touchpad, and this means that if I want to use the mouse again I have to move my fingers on the touchpad for a good 3 seconds before it responds... which basically makes the mouse useless for anything involving typing 😕

the only setting I found related to the touchpad is the sensitivity slider..

i really hope there is a fix for this, because it really ruins the whole tablet for me; as I bought it to use it as a small computer I could use for editing word and other kinds of documents Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue

Thanks to anyone who knows of a fix! Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drlmiles1
Contributor

Just tested this, and think I have found the answer. Click the "Start Menu" in the bottom left of the screen, with the BKB50 attached. Click the Settings icon at the top of the menu, and find the "Touch Blocking on Touchpad" option. The default option is set to near the far left, which sets a Long delay - move the slider to the far right, and the mouse appears almost immediately you touch the Touchpad

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thommo
Genius

I would hazard a guess that the best member to speak to who maybe able to answer this or escalate this is @Johan however he won't be online until tomorrow that been Monday 24th, So i'd ask that you be patient until then and hopefully an answer can be given to your issue/query

drlmiles1
Contributor

Just tested this, and think I have found the answer. Click the "Start Menu" in the bottom left of the screen, with the BKB50 attached. Click the Settings icon at the top of the menu, and find the "Touch Blocking on Touchpad" option. The default option is set to near the far left, which sets a Long delay - move the slider to the far right, and the mouse appears almost immediately you touch the Touchpad

Johan
Master

Hi @Zzzspawn!

You can adjust the sleep sensitivity for the track pad protection in the keyboard application. Also check if you have enabled palm protection or not.

These settings will affect how long time it takes before you can access the mouse. 

Zzzspawn
Visitor

Okay, then there seems to be a solution, but could you please elaborate on how I reach these settings? Slightly_smiling_Face

I can find the app under the manager, but I can't find it like a regular app, and in the normal settings the only setting related is the pointer speed. So how do I open the xperia keyboard settings? Slightly_smiling_Face

Thank you for replying! Slightly_smiling_Face

Zzzspawn
Visitor

oops, seems there was an explanation for that aswell Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue

thank you very much! Slightly_smiling_Face

finally I have the perfect tablet Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue_&_winking_Eye