Join now - be part of our community!

Service Menu - Stereo Sound Test

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Service Menu - Stereo Sound Test

I´ve tried the stereo speaker test in Service menu today and i´m a bit confused - on screen, left speaker is shown while testing but sound comes of right speaker, then right speaker is shown but sound comes out of left speaker...is that normal or is there something wrong?

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drlmiles1
Contributor

@SirRobin wrote:

I´ve tried the stereo speaker test in Service menu today and i´m a bit confused - on screen, left speaker is shown while testing but sound comes of right speaker, then right speaker is shown but sound comes out of left speaker...is that normal or is there something wrong?

Just tried this, and got the same response - in landscape mode the left sound comes out of the right speaker and vice versa. The service menu runs in Portrait mode, so I wonder if this affects it. 

So I tried a test music file, one where I know the stereo layout (from the band I saw at my first live concert in the 70s - Deep Purple. The studio albums always had the guitar on the left and the organ on the right, which was the opposite layout to when they played live). The guitar and organ came out of the correct speakers, so the Service Test is wrong, not the tablet!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thommo
Genius

Does this depends on the orientation of the phone as it maybe configured to work in a certain way

drlmiles1
Contributor

@SirRobin wrote:

Just tried this, and got the same response - in landscape mode the left sound comes out of the right speaker and vice versa. The service menu runs in Portrait mode, so I wonder if this affects it. 

So I tried a test music file, one where I know the stereo layout (from the band I saw at my first live concert in the 70s - Deep Purple. The studio albums always had the guitar on the left and the organ on the right, which was the opposite layout to when they played live). The guitar and organ came out of the correct speakers, so the Service Test is wrong, not the tablet!

profile.country.DE.title
SirRobin
Contributor

Thank you for testing this issue! Slightly_smiling_Face So it seems to be ok and the service menu needs an update Grinning_Face

--
Gruß Sir Robin
--> KD-55XE9305 --
NLS
Visitor

How do I enter service menu in Z4?

The Tablet Z method doesn't seem to work.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@NLS

Settings > about tablet > diagnostics 

or 

you should be able to dial service menu like other Xperias.