Join now - be part of our community!

Removing of IMEI label tray?

SOLVED
Videogroove
Visitor

Removing of IMEI label tray?

Hi everyone

Execuse me for idiot questions Slightly_smiling_Face

I accidentally removed completely IMEI label tray.

Can it damaged my device?

Sony tested this situation?

Thanks in advance for replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Videogroove
Visitor

I get a reply from Sony UK:

Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre in regards to your Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet.

We understand that you took the IMEI label out of the tablet and you want to know if that damages the device. We can advise that although it may not damage the device but the warranty that you get with the tablet has been void because the IMEI tab is not supposed to be taken out since it identifies the device.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Yasmin

Sony Xperia UK Customer Services

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Videogroove

It could void the warranty, but only your local Xperia Care can answer that question, as for functionality it shouldn't, as long as you are able to firmly close the flap/cover. 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Phy
Legend
Legend

Contact your local Xperia support, they will be able to answer that question.
Videogroove
Visitor

The main question is can this label damage the plastic/metal part where he was mounted when I pull it out?

the plastic label itself was torn from the edge where it was fixed

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Videogroove

You should contact your local Xperia and request a vacuum test. 

Videogroove
Visitor

I get a reply from Sony UK:

Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre in regards to your Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet.

We understand that you took the IMEI label out of the tablet and you want to know if that damages the device. We can advise that although it may not damage the device but the warranty that you get with the tablet has been void because the IMEI tab is not supposed to be taken out since it identifies the device.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Yasmin

Sony Xperia UK Customer Services