Join now - be part of our community!

XL 301 TV Card Driver Update

Lar77
Visitor

XL 301 TV Card Driver Update

Hi all,

The TV quality through media centre is rubbish on my XL301 (blured with trails behind moving objects) since I changed my TV from a philips 720p TV to a philips 1080p TV. A friend of mine had the same issue with his media centre PC (not a sony) and when he updated the TV card driver it improved things a lot.

Does anyone know where you can get updated drivers for the TV tuners cards in the XL301, I think it's a AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card, A16E (DVBT/PAL/SECAM/FM) and AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card, A16E_2 (DVBT/PAL/SECAM/FM), I assume it's the same driver for both?

How do I tell which driver is installed now (it's whatever the PC shipped with)?

Do you think updated drivers will help the TV quality?

Thanks for your help,

lar.

1 REPLY 1
Lar77
Visitor

Nobody?

I've talked to AVerMedia directly and they tell me that updated drivers would help my problem along with updated graphic card drivers. Unfortunitly the TV card in the XL301 is OEM and only Sony can supply updates ..... which I can't see happening (it's not like they update the graphic card drivers either, that Full 1080 sticker on the front of these media centres basically means nothing!), this is the worst supported piece of AV equipment I've every got.

I'll never buy another Sony PC again, after 2 years of struggling with the XL301 with no help from Sony I don't think I'll ever buy anything Sony again :slight_frown: