Join now - be part of our community!

What (CPU) Processor can I Upgrade my Vaio Vpcel1e1e To!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Adammac452
Visitor

What (CPU) Processor can I Upgrade my Vaio Vpcel1e1e To!

My vaio has a 1.6 Ghz AMD E-350 Processor with InsydeH20 BIOS and a AMD Radeon 6310 HD GPU Not sure what motherboard it has. I want to upgrade to a intel i3 2100 SandyBridge Processor Ad add 2 GBs of RAM. Would Anything else need to be changed.   Thanks for Any Answers!!:smileyhappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Adam,

You could do all these things but I suspect it would cost more than buying a new laptop.  The motherboard replacement would be expensive and you cannot be sure everything would be compatible when rebuilt.

You can buy a new VPCEH3N1E for £499 with a second generation i5 (up to 3.10GHz with turbo boost) processor, 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Adammac452.

As you have an AMD motherboard you can only fit AMD Socket FT1 processors.  The Graphics is also integrated into this CPU.  As far as I know, the only one quicker than your E-350 that will fit is the E-450 which is 1.65 GHz and not worth the cost of the upgrade. 

You can increase the RAM up to a maximum of 8GB.

:wink:

Adammac452
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo,

But could I fit a new motherboard as well as the Processor? What motherboard does a i3 processor need? The graphics card can work with socket 755 and1155 Intel and all amd motherboards So could i do that?

Thanks again,

Adam

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Adam,

You could do all these things but I suspect it would cost more than buying a new laptop.  The motherboard replacement would be expensive and you cannot be sure everything would be compatible when rebuilt.

You can buy a new VPCEH3N1E for £499 with a second generation i5 (up to 3.10GHz with turbo boost) processor, 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM.

:thinking:

Adammac452
Visitor

Ok Thanks