Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW21M need pre installed software,Programmes

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
Fawzyvw
New

VGN-FW21M need pre installed software,Programmes

Upgrading from vista to win7 I lost my pre installed vaio software and programmes, how I can to download them on my vaio again.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download some basic drivers and utility programs from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FW21M/updates

Unfortunately the preinstalled software is only licensed for use with the Sony Operating System.  If you make a clean install of Windows 7, you will lose much of the preinstalled software and you cannot replace it as the software companies will not release an installable version except as part of the Sony installation.  If you have made a clean install of Windows 7 you will have to buy replacement software like WinDVD, Arcsoft etc.

The only way to install Windows 7 and keep all the preinstalled software is to but an UPGRADE version of Windows 7 and upgrade the Vista installation to Win 7.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download some basic drivers and utility programs from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FW21M/updates

Unfortunately the preinstalled software is only licensed for use with the Sony Operating System.  If you make a clean install of Windows 7, you will lose much of the preinstalled software and you cannot replace it as the software companies will not release an installable version except as part of the Sony installation.  If you have made a clean install of Windows 7 you will have to buy replacement software like WinDVD, Arcsoft etc.

The only way to install Windows 7 and keep all the preinstalled software is to but an UPGRADE version of Windows 7 and upgrade the Vista installation to Win 7.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GR.title
Fawzyvw
New

Thank you very much. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
Vaio_userRG
Visitor

Hi,

I did'nt upgrade from Vista, but my HDD melted :slight_frown: Now I lost everything as even the pre-installed software was part of a hidden partition it appears. How do I get my software back ???? Licensing (Vista, Acrobat, Photoshop, etc) all paid for at purchase ... Sony says I have no choice but to pay again for the licenses :angry:

I checked the recovery discs (3) already but can't find much!!

I feel cheated by sony - not the service I expected from a "premium" brand, more the service of a C-brand:smileyangry:.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Vaio_userRG

If you have a set of Recovery Discs then all the Preinstalled Software plus the original Sony Operating System can be loaded onto a new hard disc by booting from Recovery Disc 1.

It will also replace the hidden Recovery Partition on your new hard drive.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Vaio_userRG
Visitor

Thanks for the tip!

Will sure try this option - although I already formatted the new HDD and installed another OEM Vista :-S Patience is not my fortitude ...