Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW11E - Keyboard problem

Drypooldog
Visitor

VGN-FW11E - Keyboard problem

Hi, can anyone throw any light on a problem I have with my VGN-FW11E.

I recently sen it back under warranty for a repair to the casing, that broke in way of the charging connection, having been TOTALLY misled by the service department and loosing lots of business because of this. I am reluctant to use their services again until absolutely necessary.
SO it has been returned to me with a new part fitted, however, I am finding now that when I am typing and hitting the enter or comma or even just during typing, the cursor is moving to a different part of the text and sometimes taking up to six or more words with it. I cannot put my finger on what it is that is making this happen because I am normally watching the keys.
Can anyone out there help me with this problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
skykit84
New

It sounds more like your palm/finger might be touching the touchpad while you're typing and not intentionally moving the cursor - remember tapping the touchpad is the same as clicking the left button

Can't remember what combination of the Fn key and Fxx key it is but you can disable the touchpad - it might be worth doing this as a test
If it doesn't happen, re-enable it and test again
If it does, then it's either as it should be and you're too close to the pad, or it's over-sensitive or maybe just defective

Drypooldog
Visitor

Hi an thanks for that, I have now adjusted the sensitivity as much as I can and the problem is still evident, as stated I havee been using for some time now without this problem, and it has only just started upon it's return from repaiir..I think I had better book it back in under the warranty, and have to accept that they will loose it for a furtheer month for one of their two day repairs. Think I preferred my old HP to this model, it's very distracting and I have had nothing but trouble with it.

Kindest regards

Dave

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dave,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

could you let us know the case number and where you sent your Vaio for repair please.?