Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR31M built in Camera Problem

Gazc81
Visitor

VGN-AR31M built in Camera Problem

Hi there I am having a Problem with my VGN-AR31M built in Camera, (Motion Eye)Sometimes it works, other times it says that it is running in another program so will not allow me to run it. When I check everything it is not running in another program it just thinks it is. Any ideas??
Gaz.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club, Yeah it's vista dancing like an irish cricketer hehe. Try run as administrator everytime you open it by right clicking in programs menu also defragment using Perfect disk free trial here

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's very temprimental in Skype

dia111
New

i have problem with motion eye driver it's not working .

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dia111,

You will need to provide more details for anyone to try to assist you.

• Is the camera present in Device Manager? It should be listed as ‘Sony Visual Communication Camera’ under Imaging Devices?
• If it is present are there any warnings against it?
• Have you tried a system restore back to a date when the camera was working?

This may be a hardware problem but occasionally a glitch means that it is not recognised under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If the camera is not listed in Device manager try the following:

Open Device Manager and delete all items under ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers, then shut down and remove the AC power adaptor and battery. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then reattach the AC power adaptor and battery and reboot. Windows will recognise all connected USB devices and reinstall the necessary drivers. Hopefully the Camera will reappear. If not then I would suspect a hardware fault.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat