Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-N11s To 'old' TV

ENH
Visitor

Vaio VGN-N11s To 'old' TV

Hi,

I've tried searching for an answer on this but can't find anything.

I hoped that you guys may be able to advise me - it would be much appreciated.

I've recently changed my TV to a Sony Bravia and am able to connect my laptop to it (to catch up on missed programmes as we don't have Sky +).

I would like to connect my laptop to my old TV (Panasonic TX28DK2) that I've moved into my bar (a glorified small cellar but it keeps me out of the way of the wife).

There is no VGA connection on the Panasonic so can anyone advise how they can/if they can be connected?

Thanks for reading and if you can make any useful (or just funny) suggestions that would be great.

Ed

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ed,

You will need extra hardware - a VGA to S-Video/Composite Video converter.

Something like these but Google for 'VGA to TV' or 'PC to TV' and you will find many more: -

Two VGA to TV Converters

Or these from Amazon

:wink:

ENH
Visitor

Thanks for the response.

It's taken me a while to find it though as the search via Google is not too hot.

I would expect a sony site to have something as basic as a search engine but hey ho

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

We have been without the Search for so long we have learned to live with it!

The problem was caused because Club Vaio is hosted on several servers and is available in multiple languages - it was just so unreliable it was decided to remove it until a solution could be found.

I understand Sony (and Google) have a way forward so ............ fingers crossed.

:pray: