Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-CR21S - problems with Flash etc after reset

profile.country.GB.title
Eugene1234
Explorer

Vaio VGN-CR21S - problems with Flash etc after reset

Hello,

I recently completely reset my laptop after it kept freezing. It uses Windows Vista and so I've had to switch from Chrome to Firefox. Flash player, CCleaner, iTunes and others won't instal. I can download them, but when I try to double click, or run as an administrator, with or without Firefox open, nothing happens.

Apologies if this has been asked before (I relaise I've probably got quite an old model), but any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Eugene1234.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Eugene1234,

Have you tried disabling or preferably removing whichever antivirus software was supplied with the machine? I guess that this was probably either McAfee or Norton. There are far better alternatives out there.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Eugene1234
Explorer

Hello rich912,

thanks for the quick reply and advice. I've removed Norton, disabled AVG and still nothing happens when I try to run the downloaded installer. I really have no idea what to do.

Eugene1234.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Eugene1234,

Remnants of Norton can remain unless you use the Norton Removal Tool. I suggest you try this, unless you already have, as I can only think that your problem is one of a software security nature.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Eugene1234
Explorer

Hello rich912,

thanks for your help, I'll use that uninstaller.

Thanks again

Eugene1234