Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio TT Running XP problem with "Wireless Device Switch" Software

willyhoops
Visitor

Vaio TT Running XP problem with "Wireless Device Switch" Software

I removed the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility Software", not the driver just the software (did this from add remove programs then modify wireless setup). I removed it becuase I do not want yet another pointless program and icon running in the system tray.

All worked OK for a while and then on my next reboot the LAN Card was not connected. I still have the driver but it's like it has been turned off.

Checking inside the application called "Wireless Device Switch" I no longer have a 2.4GHz Wireless LAN Card option, just the bluetooth and WAN card.

I can reinstall the PROSet Connection Utility Software and "Wireless Device Switch" shows my card again and I can turn it on again and work OK. But the point is I don't that ugly intel software. It should be an option - Windows XP is good enough at managing wireless connections.

Anyone know how to get this VAIO Wireless Device Switch to pick up my LAN card correctly even without the silly connection software.

Moral: Every junk application is another headache - avoid them.

1 REPLY 1
willyhoops
Visitor

I did find that you can set this connection program to let windows manage network connection and then in the tools menu you can hide the taskbar icon. so at least i can get rid of the icon even if i can not uninstall the software.