Join now - be part of our community!

Spilled Beer On Keyboard

profile.country.GB.title
rakochh11
Explorer

Spilled Beer On Keyboard

Hi All
Last night I spilled some beer on the keyboard of my VGN A series...I tried drying it as best as possible using tissues...then carried on using the laptop for abot 15 mins before switching it off. This morning I have found that much of my keyboard is misbehaving badly...so I am not sure what to do to rectify this :slight_frown: ...any help greatly apreciated...thanks :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jeev,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Hopefully your keyboard problem is just due to sticky keys caused by the beer..

Have you tried cleaning the keys that are causing the problem, if needed you can remove the keyboard, the following guide may help: VGN A keyboard removal

profile.country.GB.title
rakochh11
Explorer

Hi Jeev,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Hopefully your keyboard problem is just due to sticky keys caused by the beer..

Have you tried cleaning the keys that are causing the problem, if needed you can remove the keyboard, the following guide may help: VGN A keyboard removal

Hi Thalamus

Thanks for the link I will try to remove the keypad...do I also need to remove each individual key to clean underneath...if so am I likely to break any of them...thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jeev,

I guess you may need to remove the keys, if you are worried about breaking the keys, key fixings or are unsure what you are doing you could contact either Sony support or see if a local repairer in your area can help..

profile.country.GB.title
rakochh11
Explorer

Hi jeev,

I guess you may need to remove the keys, if you are worried about breaking the keys, key fixings or are unsure what you are doing you could contact either Sony support or see if a local repairer in your area can help..

Okay...I will try it myself and see how I get on...thanks. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, good luck.. :four_leaf_clover: