Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio wont boot up

toneloce
Visitor

sony vaio wont boot up

hi there,
i have a sony vaio vgn-nr21j/s laptop.the other day i dropped it on floor,all is ok,eg the screen comes on ect.when it does come on i have this messages.
windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.to fix the problem:
1 insert you windows instalation disc and restart your computer
2 choose language setings and click next
3 click "repair your computer"

file windows\system32\config\system

status 0xc00000e9

info windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.

now i loaded my recovery discs this didnt work,i even pressed f10 0r f11 to try reboot it.
occasionaly i got windows loading file message and when finished it jus had the microsoft coparation screen with green bar as if loading something?but nothing ever happens now every time i turn on laptop it jus display all the messages above to load instalition disc.
i had same prob with an hp laptop and sent it off to curry coverplan people and they changed hard drive sent it back and told me to load recovery discs but they never worked either,i just cancelled my cover plan with currys with this sony laptop.they told me to start my direct debit again so i can send it off to be fixed,but im concered it wont get fixed,as for some reason the WONT INSTALL WINDOWS on the laptop for me.
have you any tips or ideas as to what i can do or what i should do,should i start my cover plan again and send off,if so what should i tell currys to do with laptop?
is there anything else i can try myself?
i thought of changing the hard drive but cant find it,it seems you have to take off the whole back cover to access it.
please help
thanks
toneloce

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Ho toneloce and welcome.

You have obviously damaged the hard drive and a new one will have to be fitted.

Did you make the recovery DVDs when you first bought your Vaio? - you will need then to install an operating system on the new disc.

If you didn't make recovery discs, I would contact Sony and ask them how much a full repair would cost.

:thinking: