Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Motion Eye

jordanblack68
Visitor

Problems with Motion Eye

Hi all,

When I wanted to use my camera on my laptop, it said the camera could not be found. And then got an error, USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED message.

So I tried to find a driver in the VAIO Recovery centre but could not find one. I tried a system restore too, no luck.

My Model is Sony Vaio VGN-NS11L/S.

I'm not sure where I can obtain a driver from the Motion EYE camera.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

This is th reply to a similar thread;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi rackdunn and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you cannot find the camera under 'Imaging Devices' in Device Manager, then you will have to look in every other sub-section of Device Manager to see if you have an 'Unknown USB Device' which is usually identified with a yellow warning triangle.

If you have an unknown device then you need to reinstall the camera driver. Go to C:\Drivers and look for 'Camera Driver (Ricoh)' and run the file DPInst32.exe inside that folder.

If you do not have an unknown device, then your camera is either faulty or (more likely) a wire has disonnected itself from the camera itself. In this situation it will need a repair or at least someone to look inside for a disconnected cable.

----------------------------------------