Join now - be part of our community!

OpenGL Crashes with DAZ 3D Studio on Vaio NS Series

NickH1971
Visitor

OpenGL Crashes with DAZ 3D Studio on Vaio NS Series

Hi I have been attempting to get Daz 3D studio (www.daz3d.com) to run on a Vaio NS series laptop with Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series video adaptor, whenever you try and do anything in the program it just crashes with an error referring to ig4dev32.dll. I've established that this is something to do with the drivers for the Intel video adaptor and have tried to upgrade them to the latest version on Intels site. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem and the program still crashed with the same error and also caused other problems with the video driver then not responding. I have since restored Sony's official driver for the Video Card to resolve the latter problem.

This is a new laptop and I would have expected OpenGL to work correctly on it albeit maybe a bit slower than had I purchsed a more expensive model with the ATI Video adaptor. What really annoys me is this software works perfectly on a Toshiba Laptop that is over 4 years old running windows xp which this computer was purchased to replace!

I would appreciate any help you may be able to give me in getting this to work correctly.

Regards

Nick

0 REPLIES 0